When RUFFWEAR gave us some of their products to test so impressed were we with the quality we knew we could not do a test justice. So we gave the products to Bedfordshire Police to give them a right proper field test……and here’s what they thought.
The Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire 3 force coalition had the products for 3 months with the brief “Use and abuse these products and tell us what you think”
Test One – The Slackline Leash & Tope Rope Collar – Both were given a 5/5 for their “unique catches” and quality of material. The catch n the leash is unusual and very good when hand movement is impaired our testers observed. Used on patrol dogs they stood up to the daily rigours of a working dog. The only negative observation is the look with our testers asking if they were available in black. We understand RUFFWEAR are looking at this.
Features and Benefits
The Slackline Leash is an adjustable-length leash that can be hand-held or waist-worn. The 6 to 3.5-foot (1.8 to 1.1 m) adjustable length can be fully extended for relaxed walks, or shortened for more control as needed. An ergonomic metal slider allows for easy one-handed length adjustment on the go.
- Adjustable length from 6 to 3.5 ft (1.8 – 1.1 m)
- Durability and design aesthetics come together in Ruffwear-designed Tubelok webbing
- Adjustable padded handle, with aluminum Talon Hook, can be hand-held, waist-worn or secured around a tree or post
- Talon Clip is strong, secure and ergonomically designed for one-handed attachment
- Convenient accessory loop for pickup bags or small clip-on items
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim