Advertising – T & C
These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication. Any other proposed condition shall be void unless incorporated clearly in written instructions and specifically accepted by the Publisher.
All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being provided and the publisher retains the right to reject artwork or content submitted from the advertiser.
The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time for good reason, in which case no claim on the part of any advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall arise. Should such omission or suspension be due to the act or default of the Advertiser, or his servants or agents, then the space reserved for the advertisement shall be paid for in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared. Such omission or suspension shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as possible.
If the Publisher considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the date or position of insertions or makes any other alteration, the Advertiser will have the right to cancel if the alterations requested are unacceptable, unless such changes are due to an emergency or circumstances beyond the Publisher’s control. Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions. The Publisher and its agents will not accept liability for any errors due to inaccurate copy or copy instructions.
The Advertiser certifies that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any other way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party’s rights, copyright or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the advertisement. The Publisher will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which such claims are handled (In accepting ‘financial advertisements’, the Publisher does so on the understanding that their copy content authorisation and placing have been processed in accordance with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000)
Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the current exposure. In the event of a rate increase, the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised advertisement rates. The due date for payment is 7 days from the order being placed. Complaints regarding reproduction of advertisements must be in writing, and received within one calendar month of the ‘live’ date.
Cancellation: Once the order is confirmed (by phone, mail, or electronic communication) and forwarded to the publisher. Any cancellation after confirmation will result in the full invoiced amount being paid or not refunded. Unless instructed in writing, the publisher will go ahead and use the advert so as to minimise layout changes.
If copy instructions are not received by the agreed copy date no guarantees can be given that corrections will be made and the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy.
Advertiser’s artwork should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy any advertising material which has been in the Publisher’s custody for 3 months from the date of its last appearance. In all of the above clauses the word advertising shall be taken to include all inserts. Artwork shall remains the ownership of the advertiser and will be removed or destroyed on written request of the advertiser.
Competitions – T & C
The closing date will be midnight on the advertised date for each promotion. Entries received after this date will not be entered for the relevant prizes. Entrants must be 18 or over & resident in the UK. Entries are restricted to one entry per person or e-mail address. All prizes will sent by post and are free of charge to the winner including P&P. Draws winning selections will be made by an independent adjudicator or panel and the winner notified by e-mail to their supplied K9WH Community address. The adjudicators’ decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into. K9WH does not accept any responsibility for failed or corrupted entries or entries not received in time by any reason including technical issues and cannot be held responsible for any loss in service of the competition mechanism, no compensation will be offered. By entering this competition you are accepting all conditions shown both in the Specific
Terms and General Terms
(Entry may be conditional on registering to the K9WH community and responsibility to check this will be with the entrant)
Winners agree to their details being published in a future edition of K9WH. The term K9WH also includes and represents the title K9 Working Heroes Ltd. There is no cash alternative to prize winners. In the event a winner cannot be established or contacted the prize will be allocated to an alternative selected winner. In the case where no winner can be established the prize will not be issued.
The competition is run and controlled by K9WorkingHeroes Ltd and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not agree or accept terms of entry then do not enter this competition. Entry is assumed that terms and conditions have been read and agreed.
General Terms and Conditions
- a) These terms and conditions (which we will refer to as our “General Terms”) are the overarching general terms and conditions that apply to all the competitions controlled by K9 Working Heroes Ltd. We refer to all these competitions as the “Competitions” in these General Terms.
- b) Competitions may also have their own specific terms and conditions (such as the details of how to enter, what the opening/closing dates are and what sort of prize you may win). Any such Competition-specific terms and conditions will be made available by means of the relevant media as part of the website competition. In these General Terms, we will refer to these Competition-specific terms and conditions as the “Specific Terms”.
- c) You should therefore read these General Terms in combination with any applicable Specific Terms. Where any such Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
- d) We may change these General Terms at any time. You should check our website regularly for any changes which will apply from the date that they are uploaded.
- e) By entering any Competition you agree that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and also any applicable Specific Terms
Eligibility Rules for Our Competitions
- a) All our competitions are only open to persons 18 or over at the date of closure for the specific competition and are open to UK residents only.
- b) Certain Competitions may have additional eligibility requirements, such as valid passports, visas, driving licences, good physical health and so on. Any such additional eligibility requirements will be publicised to entrants in the relevant Competition.
- c). It will be our sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- d) Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families may not enter any Competition: neither may the employees of any third party sponsors, prize providers or their immediate families
- a) Where any prize is awarded via a prize draw, prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries within twenty eight (28) days of the Competition closing date.
By entering our Competitions all entrants:
- a) Assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future.
- b) agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials, wherever and whenever such rights are recognised, against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title
- c) undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- d) Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- e) For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same at our absolute discretion.
Tampering and Other Matters
If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
Termination of Competition
The Promoter may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
- a) All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- b) Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
- c) Where a Competition involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received and published by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Failure to Enforce Terms and Conditions
A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
Exclusion of Liability
- a) Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- b) To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize-winner in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
- c) In the event that any provision of these General (or any Specific) Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.